Facebook Lite: Facebook is an online social media and social networking website headquartered in California. Facebook is owned by Mark Zuckerberg. It is founded by Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, and Chris Hughes. Facebook also comes for mobile devices. Recently, Facebook had launched its Lite version for mobile devices. Now, users with low configuration mobile devices can use facebook app by downloading its Lite version called as Facebook Lite; which is smaller in size as compared to the original Facebook app, also Facebook Lite is faster because it uses fewer data.
Facebook is currently the biggest social networking website on the internet. Facebook lite uses very fewer data and can work in poor network conditions also and comes in small size package of 1.16 MB. Facebook lite is available in PlayStore by Google and gives less load on system hardware when compared with the facebook app.
Facebook launched its lite version because the original app doesn’t go well with the entry level smartphone having less storage. Facebook lite fulfills all this. It comes with the old classic blue look.
Important Features of Facebook Lite:
- Facebook Lite is so smaller in size that it can be installed quickly and uses less storage space.
- Facebook Lite works efficiently on old Android phones that are not supported by original facebook app.
- Facebook lite is very efficient in data saving and thus saves money also in data packs.
- Facebook lite loads quickly since it is the fastest facebook app ever launched. We can upload photos faster like never before.
- Facebook lite can work on all networks. It is specially designed to work on 2G networks and locations with slow and varying internet connection.
- We don’t need facebook messenger to install separately for messages. By using facebook lite we can free up our space with messenger app. In facebook, lite messenger is integrated with the app. Thus it is hassle free to use.
- Works well with Android versions 2.2 or higher irrespective of the device hardware configuration.
- Facebook lite is light on power consumption also. With facebook lite, one can keep the app active for time to time updates without consuming much battery power.
- We also have access to all facebook sections also.
Supported Android Versions:
- Ice Cream Sandwich
- Jelly Bean
- Android Marshmallow
Facebook Lite Apk:
- File: Facebook Lite Apk
- Version: 220.127.116.11.70
- Android Version: Varies with device
- Rating: 4.2
- Size: 1.45MB
How to Download and Installation Facebook Lite?
The installation process is quite very easy. The steps are:
- Open the Google PlayStore and search for Facebook Lite app.
- Click on install button.
- Accept the user agreements of android PlayStore.
- Grant it to access your contacts, messages, camera etc.
- After that, the download will start automatically and after downloading Facebook Lite will be automatically installed on your device.
- Now can open the app and can start experiencing this amazing app.
Pros and Cons:
- Very small size package of about 1 MB only.
- Facebook lite works without messenger due to integrated messaging facility.
- Facebook lite is faster in operation that is it loads quickly and uses fewer data.
- Facebook lite can work in poor or slow network connection such as in 2G connection.
- Works on almost all Android phones running Android 2.2 or higher.
- Simple user interface.
- In facebook lite, every section such as friends, groups, photos and much more can be found right there in the menu tab. The interface is so simple that it contains a minimum number of pictures and separator lines.
- Facebook lite do not work without data or WiFi; since it had no save offline feature which is present in original facebook app. We can’t even scroll down to see the news feed. From this, we can understand that it has no caching feature. This is annoying if we in bad connectivity area.
- We cannot watch videos in facebook lite app. For watching videos, we have to open the link separately in our Android browsers.
- Facebook lite lacks check – in feature also. We cannot check-in our favorite places where we visited.
- It keeps crashing in some of the Android devices may be due to some minor bugs which are no a major issue after the update.
- No video or post save option in Facebook Lite.
- If we upload the photo through facebook lite app then the photo will be uploaded in low pixel quality which decreases the glaze of photos.
- Low uploading speed. And sometimes crashes or works slow even on 2G network.
There is nothing more special about facebook lite rather than its size which is 1 MB. We can message friends and have group conversations with integrated messenger, get notifications from friends about their activities and posts, share update posts and photos and can see friends what they are going to do by their posts.
We can do all things in this lite version which we can do in original facebook app except watching videos and cannot do check-ins.